Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Horror-lounge - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Horror-lounge > Topics

Subject: Is It Just me or . ....?
Replies: 21 Views: 3271

4clover 7/11/2006 - 7:30:22
Hey im lyk a horror freak, i thrive on horror films, but it seems to me dat da new horror films arnt that scary! Wat do u fink? *

inkdbety 7/14/2006 - 11:40:31
Are you talkin bout remakes 0r just all new 0nes in general *

killawot 7/17/2006 - 1:43:11
The hollywood remakes of japanese films are the worst! The Grudge was cr*p, don't get me started on the others! lol But yeah, in general, they don't seem to be as scary anymore. *

inkdbety 8/6/2006 - 9:05:10
Yeah i agree. There was m0re tensi0n and build up in 0lder horror m0vies. N0w with all the c0mputer special effects the m0nster/villian gets sh0ved d0wn your throat bef0re the m0vie even starts! *

razorfem 8/10/2006 - 4:28:50
I disagree. I think that we are SO used to violence, and horror and special effects, that it's no big deal any more. It takes a LOT more to impress you now, right? It's because you're immunised against horror. Think about that ;) Look at the old movies... Nightmare on Elm Street would make you never wanna sleep again. Watch it now, and you'll think it's comedy. *

killawot 8/11/2006 - 10:36:10
Yeah,agree we're definitely immune to horror now due to improved sfx. Just seems the storylines are a little thin on the ground, look at the recent remakes of seventies films. Eg. I thought the original Amityville Horror was MUCH scarier than the remake. *

4clover 8/12/2006 - 12:23:10
Yea,I 4t da new amytivile horor wa sht! But i do lyk saw tho duno y it jus fascinates me lol x i suppoz we ar used to horror now bt im still afraid of the dark even tho im older now lol x x *

killawot 8/12/2006 - 10:52:17
Lol@still afraid of the dark! Me too! pmpl Where you have to hum a happy tune to keep yaself calm? lol Anyway, films like Saw have a psychological thriller edge to them which makes them more intriguing than most straightforward horrors. I'd rather watch something with an unpredictable ending. *

razorfem 8/12/2006 - 4:26:06
Wow and i'm afraid of the dark too! Pmplol! I played resident evil 3 in the dark just once and swore never again. Nearly DIED with fright! Oh and coming back to the topic (hehehe) yeah i like unpredictable endings too, like saw, that kinda blew me away because i didn't predict that.. Usually i see through the whole d*mn plot at the beginning of the movie. Horror just ain't scary any more. Wait. There's a movie that i can't watch with no lights on, and that's 13 GHOSTS! Eeeeek just the thought of the UNSEEN drives me INSANE. *

killawot 8/12/2006 - 8:09:10
Resident Evil rocks! As does Silent Hill! Movie adaptations were disappointing tho. There isn't even an Alice in the Resi games!lol d*mn...off topic!poor.GIF *

inkdbety 8/14/2006 - 12:16:16
I dunn0, ray bradbury theatre still gives me the chills. And they didnt even have c0l0r then. *

bamluvr 8/16/2006 - 10:38:27
OOH SAW AND RESIDENT EVIL. HELL YEA AND HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES MMMMM HORROR MOVIES ARE HOT THEY TURN ME ON LMAO AND SILENT HILL ROCKD *

killawot 8/16/2006 - 11:37:27
Didn't really like House of a Thousand Corpses or The Devils Rejects thought the stories were a bit scr*ppy. Did you know that most films like that eg Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs etc are based on the exploits of Ed Gein? Otherwise known as The Plainfield Butcher. Look him up! He was one sick puppy! lol *

4clover 8/17/2006 - 9:35:02
Yea da devils rejects wasnt dat gud, gory movies are pathetic lol! I watchd IT wen i was little an it made me scared of clowns! Even tho im scard ov da dark i still watch horror religiously lol x *

killawot 8/20/2006 - 2:34:20
Oo, yeah, Pennywise! lol He's freaky! I hate clowns anyway but that tipped me over the edge. lmao Oh and the clown toy in Poltergeist.....scared.GIF I don't like!!! *

inkdbety 8/21/2006 - 2:29:25
Lma0 my m0m let me watch poltergeist when i was 7 and i had tw0 cl0wn d0lls just like the 0ne in the m0vie and i kept takin em 0ut of my r00m and she kept puttin bck in there. I thought they were walkn back into my room. Thanx m0m *

killawot 8/21/2006 - 3:07:34
lol.GIF Thats pretty funny! I'd have burned them! But if they STILL came back.....*gasp* pmpl When u got films like Puppetmaster, Childs Play etc u can see why its easy to be scared of toys. Its irrational but, god, i just hate how dolls eyes seem to follow u wherever u go! Its creepy! lol *

toddster 8/22/2006 - 4:53:42
i agree films are tame these days and they were tame back in the eighties in my opinion i am not scared easily but anything with a clown (ex. it) or dolls in freaks me out slightly *

midian13 1/1/2007 - 7:24:41
Wes Cravens new one was quite scary. 'Pulse'. *

k4tt 9.11.07 - 11:22pm
Horror movies r 2 predictable now, theres no thrill any. I'll agree that the graphics and make-up is good, but thats not enough 2 make a great movie *

schism46 12.07.08 - 10:50pm
I agree there has been no decent horror film in ages. The last film that made me jump was the orphanage. Before that cloverfield *

nightpup 5.05.10 - 05:26am
Ok. I've got a few points here. 1) IT really sacred me when I was a kid, but the movie just seems so silly to me now. 2) Silence of the Lambs was a true story, but it had nothing to do with Ed Gein. It's about Hanibal Lector. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is true as well, and I'm not great with my serial killer nicks, but unless Ed Gein was also knows as Leatherface, that's not to do with him either. 3) I do agree that desensitizing may be an issue for us horror movie fanatics. We don't scare easy and we've seen enough horror films that we get used to the plots, scenarios, set-ups, etc. *

* Horror-lounge Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Horror-lounge

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits